Leek kimchi is popular in the Cholla and Kyongsang Provinces. It is a good appetite
stimulant in summer with its pungent and unique flavor and taste. Salting is done not with
salt but with anchovy juice. Gentle working is a necessity because leek can smell of green
more easily than other vegetables do. The kimchi goes well with smoked or roasted meats.
Materials(makes for four) and Precooking
|| choose traditional Korean breed which have shorter sheaths. Wash and clean.
|| boil together with the same amount of water. Remove the solid parts with a fine strainer when boiled.
garlic and ginger
|| clean and wash. Mince.
- Some of the materials and most of the wares actually needed are not included in the
materials list, assuming they are readily available in any home.
- Metric values are approximated into pounds and inches, as they are not absolutes.
- Cut the whole binding into two and sprinkle the anchovy juice, making sure that the
sheaths of leeks are salted evenly. Let sit for 20 minutes. Shift upside down once during the
- Seasoning; Mix water-soaked ground red chili well with minced garlic, sugar and sesame
- Knead leeks gently in the seasoning and pile in a pot.
[ Prev |