Re: model and dimensions of bay router in WTN terminal
bullet bullet bullet bullet

Hi Nancy,

* By way of introduction, I am with MCI as the assigned Project * Manager to manage the installation of Internet World's Fair network * We need more detail than this as follows: * * - make/model of router

Bay Networks BCN (model 71000)

* - expected availability/delivery schedule

Not sure, depends on availability of T3s, routing plans and such. For planning purposes I would say early December earliest.

* - power requirements

200-240 Volts, 13A, NEMA L6-20R connector.

* - environmentals

Dimensions (H x W x D): 24.4 x 19.0 x 19.7 in. 62.0 x 48.3 x 50.0 cm

Weight (lb.) 210 (!)

Altitude 0 - 8000 ft (0 - 2400 m)

Humidity 10% - 90% (noncondensing)

Temperature 32 - 104F (0 - 40C)

* In addition who will install the equipment?

Physically? I have no idea. Carl?

* How will it be managed? If remotely, how will you access? will * you be using a modem? If yes, please forward make/model. Will * you require a PSTN line for remote access?

Remotely yes. I definately would like a PSTN line with it for modem access. I have no modem currently so I cannot give you make and model. Carl are modems donated by anyone?

* Since we are in the process of securing space, in the interest * of time it might be best for us to talk directly by phone.

I'll call you a bit later.

-Marten