Sokbakji is a tasty kimchi where radish and Chinese cabbage are mixed together
with assorted seafood. It is important to make a small batch of it at a time because it can go
sour in relatively short time because of the much-added
Materials(makes for four) and Precooking
|| choose medium-sized ones which are smooth and solid. Brush in water to clean and salt.
|| remove the outer leaves. Quarter or halve and salt.
leaf mustard, dropwort, young scallion
|| wash and clean. Cut into 4cm (1 1/2 inch) pieces.
|| wash and clean. Cut at slanted angles.
|| scrub with salt and wash. Cut into 3cm (1 1/5 inch) pieces.
|| wash gently in salted water. Gather up waterdrops while draining.
|| gather up the solid part and mince.
yellow corvenia juice
|| Slice the flesh part at slanted angles. Boil the heads and bones in the liquid part, and filter to gather the sauce.
|| clean and mince.
- Some of the materials and most of the wares actually needed are not included in the
materials list, assuming they are readily available in any home.
- Metric values are approximated into pounds and inches, as they are not absolutes.
- Rinse the salted cabbage and radish and drain. Cut cabbages into 4cm, radish into 4cm
squares which are 1cm (1/2 inch) thick.
- Add ground red chili to the mixture of cabbage and radish and mix. When the mixture
turns red, knead in the rest items and seafood, shrimp juice and yellow corvenia juice. Flavor
with salt and sugar.
- Add the gathered waterdrips from oyster and ferment in a pot. It takes about a week to
ferment at 7 or 8 degrees Celsius (45 degrees F.).
[ Prev |