re: Letter
bullet bullet bullet bullet

>I'm really disappointed that you backed out on your
>committment to send a letter from Secretary Brown.
>I would have thought that Secretary Brown's rhetoric
>about our NII and the movement of government data
>to the American taxpayer was more than skin deep.

>So far, all we've seen from Commerce has been talk
>and I'm really disappointed that your group is unable
>to even go that far.

>Carl Malamud

====================================================== Given PTO's concerns about the motives and integrity of your organization, and given the fact that the NYT article had been published, it was deemed that a letter was neither necessary nor prudent. Your above note gives me no reason to doubt this decision. If you can resolve your differences with PTO and would like to discuss this further, I can be reached at 482-4127.

- Denise Michel