Re: towards turning up bgp...
bullet bullet bullet bullet

"John W. Stewart III" <jstewart@mci.net> writes * * hi. since MCI is giving transit to the railroad -- i.e., * we will be announcing your routes at interconnects -- we * will be doing route filtering at our bgp session. so * some amount of registry work needs to be done in order * for us to accept the right networks

John,

I'll be collecting all the IP nets that we will be using in the network. I have a few right now, but will make a final list over the weekend. Then i'll send in the registrations.

Also, can you set the things in motion for setting up the BGP peering at WTN? I do now know the AS numbers yet. Brad, any more news on those?

I just talked with Nancy Green and it seems we will shoot for installation on Tuesday Jan 16th. Any chance that you are around?

Also, I have not yet heard from MFS whether an installation would be possible on Monday the 15th. Can someone check this?

Robin and I will probably be in DC Mon-Wed (1/15-1/17) for the various installations. We can come back the week after if we have not finished yet. My feeling is that we can get things done so that we can remotely manage them in those three days...

-Marten