Content from sites
bullet bullet
  • To: not-park@park.org
  • Subject: Content from sites
  • From: "Carl Malamud [IMS]" <carl@radio.com>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 1996 15:26:10 -0500 (EST)
bullet bullet

Hi -

I've sucked in Japan, Taiwan, Netherlands, Korea, and Singapore onto our systems. Please check your code and see if it is still working by going to:

http://park.org/Country (e.g., http://park.org/Taiwan/ for Taiwan).

Once I have your approval, I'll move our links away from your servers into mine. I've noticed that most people are not doing proper html because of no quotes on parameters:

align="left" width="50" font size="+1"

I have a postprocessor I can do on the files, but at some point we'll need to generate proper html or the microsoft browser will barf all over our poor users.

Pushing data out to the servers starts on Monday when Brad Burdick starts crashing your international links with data. :)

I've got a very nice brochure ready on January 30 for you all to distribute to people. 24 pages, full color, explains the fair.

I have not yet heard back from anybody about translation. We want to start doing different lanugages for the main pavilion space, but need your help. Easiest thing to do is fly a team of 2 over to our studios for a week: one webmaster type, one language type. We'll work with you and produce a full version of the fair in your language. Note that we don't want to just do this in a random way: we want the entire top of the fair (e.g., About the ...) all in the proper language as well as labels, signs, and the other pieces of the fair.

The Washington area is about to finish digging out. We've had piles of snow in the middle of Pennsylvania Avenue (the street between the White House and the U.S. Capitol) that were 10-14 feet high. Many of our residential streets have still not been plowed at all because they have been concentrating on emergency roads. Makes running a world's fair tricky!

Carl