Re: Scheduled visits ...
bullet bullet
  • To: Carl Malamud <carl@radio.com>
  • Subject: Re: Scheduled visits ...
  • From: k13@nikhef.nl (Rob Blokzijl)
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 1995 14:36:59 +0200
  • Address: Kruislaan 409, P.O. Box 41882, 1009 DB Amsterdam, the Netherlands
  • Cc: k13@nikhef.nl
  • Phone: +31 20 5925102, +31 20 6924218 (home)
  • Telefax: +31 20 5925155
  • Telex: 10262 hef nl
bullet bullet

Carl,

sorry for the delay, but the fair was getting in the way :-)

+--- Start of included message from: Carl Malamud ----- | | Hi - | | I'm arriving in Amsterdam on 7/26. Simon Hackett will be arriving | on 7/25. We'll both leave on Sunday, 7/30 to go do Peter Gabriel's | studio. Sorry for the short visit, but I figured a couple of days | is better than none.

I'll do your hotel bookings, and let you know Monday next. That includes Simon, I presume.

I will arrange meetings with some of the more serious prospects in the Netherlands during these days.

Any special wishes you have fromn your end?

| | Simon is a veteran of the last cyberstation. We'd like to scope | out the sites of where we are doing things. He is also going to | be running the Australian committee (he is the guy that did the | Internet toaster as well as programmed our 200 cd jukebox). | | Can I impose on you again for hotel reservations information? | I really wish I could find a single hotel that has it together | in Amsterdam ... I hate bothering you every time. :) | | Do you have any people coming to INET that should be included | in the various fair meetings?

Late, but maybe just in time for later today:

1. I have received a nice letter today from the Mayor of Amsterdam warmly praising the fair initiative :-) Also the mayor will arrange introductions with the presidents of KLM and Schiphol airport.

2. The City of Amsterdam today declared its intention to participate in the fair. The exact level/form of participation they will decide later. Your visit in July is just in time in this respect.

3. The cow is coming alive: I have traced the original cow that was on a real world fair in Italy in the fifties. The grandson of the owner still has a lot of the old documentation and has promised to scan the lot. Also, he will design a nice set of web pages around it (he has a small company that designs and produces computer animated stuff, including web pages. They will donate some of their time for constructing pavilions. Name of the company: AniGraphics). | | Carl | +--- End of included message from: Carl Malamud -----

In general things are developing well in the Netherlands. One of these days I will start working on getting some more european countries organised :-)

See you,

Rob