Re: Free Edgar -- end of an era?
bullet bullet bullet bullet

It would seem to me:

That the non-profit Internet Multicasting Service has done an incredible job with Edgar and has completely fulfilled its charter. Like my 18 year old daughter, its time for Edgar to leave the house and get a job.

If Edgar were my son, I would suggest that he apply at one of the major brokerage houses, say Paine-Webber, who believes in relationship building. I suspect that the cost of providing Edgar a place to live is not especially large when compared to the cost of marketing - even what the NYSE, NASDQ and the American Exchange all spend. The obvious benefit to them is increased transactional business: with more information available, it becomes less risky for me to make my own decisions about my portfolio and incents me to handle more of my investments myself - not giving them to mutual funds who win now because, partially due to their access to information in a timely manner.

Any other suggestions out there as to where Edgar might find gainful employment?

Philip Jackson, Product Manager Fibrcom Incorporated 70 N E Loop 410, Suite 900, San Antonio, TX 78216 Vox: (210) 524-5588 Fax:(210) 524-5099

All the usual disclaimers, especially that I only represent my own strange ideas.