Re: EDGAR Dissemination shutdown woes
bullet bullet bullet bullet

Hi Michael, I'm a native Pittsburgher and Pitt grad presently working with HUD HQ in DC as a Financial Analyst. I have used EDGAR also and will miss it. From the remarks being posted, there is grass roots concern out in both the private and public sector. Hope someone is hearing the cries that some form of EDGAR survive.

Chuck

Well, not only bankers, lawyers and accountants are going to have problems here. Our research center at the University of Pittsburgh has been using the EDGAR access for the past few months to acquire copies of material contracts that are included in the 10K exhibits. These constitute an important part of our research program on contracting, economic exchange and corporate governance. Given our small resources, we can't afford the commercial access substitutes that are currently out there.

I'm sure there are other folks in the academic community that make use of this resource as well. Hopefully we can collectively have an influence on the perpetuation of this particular information outlet.

I look forward to seeing the comments and suggestions others post regarding efforts to keep the internet access alive.

Michael Sykuta
--
======================================================== Michael Sykuta, Ph.D. | Center for Research on Contracts sykuta@katz.business.pitt.edu | & the Structure of Enterprise (412) 648-1847/1693 voice/fax | http://www.pitt.edu/~msykuta

The Katz School, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, 15260 ========================================================