Edgar- and How We use It
bullet bullet bullet bullet

pp001654@interramp.com (John Iliff) sent the following comment about http://www.town.hall.org/govt/tuttle/:
This is a follow-up message to a previous one I sent regarding how we use the Edgar database down here in a small public library in Florida. Unfortunately, we do not have precise figures of how often we've used Edgar, but in the past year we (and this a low estimate) garnered 300 10k or 10q reports. At a cost averaging $100.00 per report (again, a low estimate) if we used a commercial database, by using Edgar we saved $30,000.00 for students, investors, and job seekers (average, every-day citizens.) This, for our very small budget library, is an extrodinary amount of money. When multiplied over just the many public libraries currently connected to the Internet, the savings easily reach into the millions of dollars. It seems very foolhardy to not provide such essential information when so many benefit at such a significant cost reduction for the citizens of our country.

John Iliff Pinellas Park Public Library

Server protocol: HTTP/1.0
Remote host: ip242.st.petersburg.fl.interramp.com
Remote IP address: 38.11.234.242
User Agent: Mozilla/1.0N (Windows)