Sweet Potato Leafstock Kimchi
Sweet potato leafstock kimchi is usually made in summer when there is enough supply of the
material, with young scallions as one of its main ingredients. Although peeling the stocks is a
tedious job, the kimchi does give us a fresh taste in the hot summer with its green scallions
and sweet potato leafstocks.
Materials(makes for four) and Precooking
sweet potato leafstock
|| peel after salted and wilted (they are too easily snapped without the process).
|| clean and wash. Salt lightly and rinse. Let drain.
|| boil together with the same amount of water. Remove the solid parts with a fine strainer when boiled.
garlic and ginger
|| clean and wash. Mince.
- Some of the materials and most of the wares actually needed are not included in the
materials list, assuming they are readily available in any home.
- Metric values are approximated into pounds and inches, as they are not absolutes.
- Seasoning; Add the ground red chili to the anchovy juice to make thick paste. Mix in the
minced garlic, ginger and sugar.
- Fold and bind each sheath of wilted scallion with one of its own leaf. Mix in the
seasoning together with the sweet potato leafstocks. Put in a pot and let ferment.
- When serving, put scallions and leafstocks in separate bowls for better enjoyment.
[ Prev |