Re: Returned mail: User unknown
bullet bullet bullet bullet

>From Carl Malamud <carl@radio.com>:

>I'm the administrator for this domain. It seems to me that this wasn't
>entirely you as a "victim." Sending 2,000 messages to anybody, no matter
>how well intentioned, is really stupid. Please remember that cyberspace
>is part of the real world and you shouldn't use rumors about things
>as an excuse to go looting. Behave yourself.

Thank you for informing how stupid I am. That's exactly the kind of criticism that helps people to overcome their mistakes. Was operating under the belief that there existed a server that would handle such a load. Anyway, how is one to tell the difference between "rumor" and "truth"? Seems to me that Kant's critique would be well applied here. Let me know if you come up with the standard by which me may verify without fail what is truth. But I get your point about cyberspace being in the real world (it's what prevented me from sending 10,000 messages).

Will try to behave and avoid such well-intentioned but "stupid" pitfalls.

J. jaw9q@virginia.edu

p.s. thanks for helping "undo" probably 10s of 1000s "victims" mistakes.