To most Filipinos, Mabuhay (ma-boo-high) means "Welcome". It is a sincere and enthusiastic greeting of courtesy and friendship, wishing one "Long live!" and "Best wishes!". With its many varied English meanings, it may be used in other ways
- congratulations, thanks, godspeed, hello, good luck, cheers, prosit, sante, viva and many other expressions of goodwill.
Mabuhay. Welcome to the 7,107 islands and islets we call the Philippines. Here, you will find a fascinating blend of the East and the West, the old and the modern, the simple and the extraordinary. Here, you will experience the fabled Filipino
This Pavilion gives you a bird's eye view of the Philippines. It starts with a legend of the creation of the first Filipino man and woman - Si Malakas at si Maganda. Then it gives you a brief description of the
Philippine government and its three branches, starting with President Fidel V. Ramos in his Malacaņang home page. To show other important officials in the land, the Cabinet departments and government agencies are
listed together with their heads and contact telephone numbers and addresses. Following this are virtual booths showing other facets of the country and its citizens such as:
What's more, the Pavilion highlights special events like the APEC Summit in November 25, 1996, the Philippine Centennial Celebration and the explosive re-awakening
of the now infamous Mt. Pinatubo volcano. To be up to date with events in the Philippines and other parts of the world, we have included interesting news articles in our News
- Sining at Kultura (Arts and Culture) - Get to know a sampling of the rich Filipino heritage in the arts and culture profile.
- Edukasyon (Education) - Featured here are the Philippine schools which actively interact with the
international academic community through the Internet.
- Pasyalan (Tourism) - See some of the Philippine scenic spots which have gained popularity among millions of visitors from all over the world.
- Kalakalan (Trade / Industry) - Read about the Philippine economic miracle and how the country is gearing up for NIC-hood in the year 2000.
Browsing through the Philippine Pavilion will give you an overall glimpse of the country. We hope you enjoy your stay as you visit the various booths above.
And so, WELCOME TO THE PHILIPPINES! MABUHAY!