CyberPhilanthropy
bullet bullet bullet bullet

Warning: this subject is ***not*** directly list-related. However, it is also not being spammed, is not a chain letter and is not selling anyone's product.

But hit "delete" now -- if the above warning puts you off too much.

Please don't flame me for posting this here - instead I am hoping some of you will forward this to your own corporate community involvement folks for their consideration.

There is one neat project on the Web that leading edge companies should consider becoming involved with. Essentially companies can commit to donating up to $xxxx to any non-profit org they select, and the selected agency gets 10 cents per time someone reads about them on the Net by ref'ing a Web page about their services and mission. You get to pick the org (Second Harvest Food Bank was chosen by Sun, for example), you pick the amount ($25K was pledged by Sun, for example), and you get to have your own sponsoring home page pointed to in the process. 100% of the monies go to the agencies themselves; there is no fee taken by the folks who are trying this CyberPhilanthropy concept out. Great idea I think! Way to go, Carl M.

You can learn more about the charitable program from:

http://north.pole.org/santa/claus.html

Please pass this on to potentially interested parties. ============================================================= Tuesday, Nov. 8th is Election Day. Make sure to exercise your ability to help create the future you want. YOUR VOTE MATTERS. =============================================================