------- Forwarded Message

Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 17:24:27 -0500 From: "John W. Stewart III" <jstewart@mci.net> To: Marten Terpstra <marten@BayNetworks.com> cc: rr-types@mci.net Subject: Re: Routing for Internet World's Fair

marten,

this has to be worked from the other direction. the special config we support is for treating certain routes as backup; we local-pref routes down, not up. so WIDE will need to contact us and work out how to treat [at least] this network as backup through them. we actually have a pretty cool way to do it with bgp communities

this will be the case for all nets which don't otherwise work correctly by default (e.g., if as-path or whatever doesn't already Do The Right Thing)

/jws

> > Hi folks, > > you may be aware that we are setting up this network for the Internet > World's Fair. We currently have connectivity to Japan over a private > T3 and we are announcing AS4690 to you at WTN, DC (mix1 I guess you > call that router). However, you get the same route through WIDE in > SF. Could you weigh our announcement over WIDE's announcement for > AS4690? > > >From AS3561: > > as-in: from AS2500 100 accept AS-WIDE > as-in: from AS6204 100 accept AS-EXPO > > as-macro: AS-WIDE > as-list: AS2508 AS2515 AS2520 AS2523 AS2528 AS4690 > ^^^^^^ > as-macro: AS-EXPO > as-list: AS6204 AS6205 AS3920 AS4690 > ^^^^^^ > > As far as I am concerned, you can weigh our complete peer better or > just this one AS. Your decision. However, since we will get some more > connections throughout the place, some of the other ASes may show up > from different places as well. The exit to WTN will always be our > primary exit for AS-EXPO though..... > > Thanks much! > > -Marten > > PS Could you please verify that I am indeed announcing the one network > in AS4690, 133.246/16? >

------- End of Forwarded Message

Follow-Ups: bullet