More Questions
bullet bullet bullet bullet

Carl: A couple of more questions and that should be it.....When are you looking to have this service up and running? Also, I am attaching an e-mail from some of our Telecom engineers re: the specific questions we need answers to re: the power issue......And lastly, the collo space that we are planning to provide to you is in a Telecom cage which means that you will not have free access 24 hrs/day (I believe escorted access is available 24 hrs/day but middle of the night access is not pleasant for whoever escorts you)...Will this present a problem?

-Thanks, Peter ---------- From: Knouse, Mike To: Dobe, Raymond Subject: FW: Internet Fair/Malamud Date: Wednesday, November 01, 1995 10:39AM

Listed below are the power requirements as given to me by Pete Ferris for the Internet Fair.

o Power Supplies AC Voltage 1 - 4 AC or DC ; 200 - 240 V ac @ 13 amps Question - Please verify number of circuits required. Is the DC notation an error? Please note: Only 208 VAC circuits are available at the GLW colocation facility.

o AC wall receptacle NEMA L6m-20R (USA) Question - Please confirm this NEMA description. My charts only lists an L6-20R receptacle. I assume one receptacle will be required for each circuit to be verified above.

o -48 V dc power supply input voltage = -40.6 to -58 V dc input current = 63 amps max. inrush current = 80 amps peak max. Question - Does the equipment require both A and B power supplies or A power supply only? Does this equipment use AC power and DC power simultaneously or does it switch from AC to DC in the event of a utility power outage?

I will have my consultants verify if these power requirements can be met with our existing power plant and estimate the cost and time required to upgrade the plant if neeed.

Mike