Re: Good to see you
bullet bullet bullet bullet

Carl,

can you give me more info on the connection you are looking for into MAE-East? Are you looking for a connection that would be handed off to your facility at the press building? Do you think you would have any problems negotiating peering agreements with the other members of the MAE?

John

---------- From: Barbour, Bob To: barbour.bob; Carl Malamud Cc: hardie.john; yeager.scott Subject: Re: Good to see you Date: Monday, October 16, 1995 11:53AM

Carl: I've got a call into John Hardie to discuss the connectivity into Mae

East (Co-lo, speeds etc.) and will let you know ASAP. Also, Scott Yeager will attend the event on the 18th for sure. How about Scott as a speaker ? (Royce isn't available). More later...Best Regards Bob ---------- From: Carl Malamud To: barbour.bob Cc: carl; yeager.scott; barbour.bob; hardie.john Subject: Re: Good to see you Date: Saturday, October 14, 1995 9:17AM

Bob -

We finally got MCI to agree to bring us into MAE-East, so I think we're back on track. Can you give me a ring on Monday so we can start sorting this out?

202 544 0882

Regards,

Carl

According to Barbour, Bob:

> Carl: I'm checking on the availability of the line and if MCI's Pop is
> on-net. I'll try calling you on Monday so we can talk. Can you give me
> your number ? Bob
> ----------
> From: Carl Malamud
> To: yeager.scott
> Cc: carl; barbour.bob; hardie.john
> Subject: Re: Good to see you
> Date: Sunday, October 08, 1995 9:29AM
>
> So ... can you do MAE-West instead of MAE-East? Looks like MCI
> is dropping my railroad off in Hayward at their POP. I need a
> circuit to get it from Hayward into the MAE-West infrastructure.
> I seem to remember MFS being a part of that operation ... is
> that correct?
>
> According to Yeager, Scott:
> >

> > Carl I have spoken to Doug H. and Josh H. and they are interested in
> > Donating an Ethernet to let this backbone connect to the MAE. Bob Barbour
>
> > is the one to coordinate this for us and determine if it will be what we
> > need for exposure. We would also need to coordinate the press via Bob.
> One
> > point, there is no such thing as a DS3 connection to the MAE so I do not
> > know how we would engineer it. John Hardie would need to be involved in
> this
> > engineering and access issue.
> > ----------
> > From: Carl Malamud
> > To: yeager.scott
> > Subject: Re: Good to see you
> > Date: Wednesday, October 04, 1995 9:55AM
> >
> > Hi -
> >
> > Couple of things:
> >
> > 1) Event is Business Attire. National Press Club Ballroom, 13th Floor,
> > National Press Building, 14th and F Sts., 6-9 PM (Formal Program is
> > 6:30-7:30PM).
> >
> > 2) We don't need anything by the 18th ... if we have that, we'll announce
> > it then, but not mandatory.
> >
> > 3) We just need the circuit ... we have Internet service well in hand.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Carl
> >
> > According to Yeager, Scott:
> > >

> > > I have read it and find it very interesting. I will see if I can get
> > > another ethernet donated that would be seperate from the other Ethernet
> > you
> > > already have. I assume both sites are on net so we would just have to
> > > provision another connection. We just went through a reorganization and
> > am
> > > not sure who I would get approval for on this but if the site is on net
> > it
> > > is much easier if all we have to do is add a card to some existing
> > > equipment. Let me get with the people in Datanet in DC and find out the
> > > answer to that first. When would you need this?By the 18th? I have
> redone
> >
> > > my schedule and will be attending the event on the 18th. What is the
> > attire?
> > > Black tie or casual or business suite? Where is it etc? I will look
> into

> [...]

Follow-Ups: bullet