Re: not-rr@park.org
bullet bullet bullet bullet

Hi Robin and Marten, I'm Osamu, working with you at many Interop Shownet. I'm very happy to work with you for IWE railroad.

> We currently have the following components of the railroad:
>
> DS3 from Tokyo to Rialto (LA), KDD & MCI, up 2/1/96
> DS3 from Rialto to MAE-East, MCI, up 2/1/96
> Japan T3 backbone, NTT, up ?

Current schedule for T3 backbone in Japan is following. We have 10 NOCs for backbone. (KDD-Otemachi, Fujisawa, Jinbocho, NTT-tokyo, NTT-osaka, nara, Osaka, Kobe, Nagasaki, Hokuriku) KDD-Otemachi is an end point of international link from US. Backbone in Japan is 45Mbps PVC link from 156Mbps ATM.

LINK Bandwidth UP schedule KDD-Otemachi <-> NTT-Otemachi 45Mbps Jan. 1st NTT-Otemachi <-> Fujisawa 45Mbps Jan. 1st NTT-Otemachi <-> Jinbocho 45Mbps Jan. 1st NTT-Otemachi <-> NTT-Osaka 45Mbps Mar. mid. NTT-Osaka <-> Nara 45Mbps Mar. mid. NTT-Osaka <-> Osaka 45Mbps Mar. mid. NTT-Osaka <-> Hokuriku 45Mbps Mar. mid. NTT-Osaka <-> Kobe 45Mbps Mar. mid. NTT-Osaka <-> Nagasaki 45Mbsp Mar. mid.

Above links are used for Layer 3(IP) Backbone served by CISCO 7000 class routers.

LINK Bandwidth UP schedule KDD-Otemachi <-> Fujisawa 45Mbps Jan. 1st Fujisawa <-> Osaka 45Mbps Mar. mid Osaka <-> Nara 45Mbps Mar. mid Nara <-> Hokuriku 45Mbps Mar. mid

Above 4 links are used for Layer 2 (FDDI) Backbone served by LightStream 2020. In my plan, this backbone is used for traffice among the servers such as File Server.

> Washington Metropolitan Network, MFS, partially up now
>
> Robin Littlefield and Marten Tepstra will be installing and managing
> the core routers for the railroad, including routers in Tokyo,
> WTN (MCI's Washington POP), National Press Building, and (hopefully)
> inside of MAE-East in the MFS POP.
>
> Jun: you need to make arrangements with Robin and Marten on installation
> of your machine.

Jun and I have been contacting with KDD, about Rack in KDD POP, and International Links. I can arrange for installation of BNC in KDD.

I will attend the meeting for Interop Design meeting held at SF this weekend. So I will discuss about BNC installation on KDD POP with Robin and Marten.

Osamu N.