Re: problems with mirroring
bullet bullet bullet bullet

> We experience some problems mirroring from amsterdam to town.
> Some of the new or changed files are transferred , but others are not.
>
> We have the idea that the mirroring fails ( and ftpd is kicked out )
> when trying to mirror files starting with a "%". We are not sure if this
> is possible, so if someone can helps us out?
>
> We have seen some of these files in the /Germany area, for example:
>
> /Germany/Hannover/Herrenhausen/images/%Park_gesamt+.gif
>
> It may help if the people responsible for the /Germany area, remove these
> files. They are probably not used anyway.

we ran into similar problems on a mirror to japan. file names containing percent characters, and maybe others, were causing ftpd to die. only on some hosts.

i'll investigate further, but it would be useful for others to check their ftpd configurations as well and confirm whether this is a problem on your respective servers.

-brad -- Brad Burdick bburdick@town.hall.org UUcom/Internet Multicasting Service, NPB, Suite 1155, Washington, DC 20045