Re: mirroring
bullet bullet
  • To: carl@trystero.media.org (Carl Malamud [IMS])
  • Subject: Re: mirroring
  • From: "Brad Burdick [UUcom]" <bburdick>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 12:22:17 -0400 (EDT)
bullet bullet

> My mirror sites on Brain Opera are still not working.
> The permissions on the site were changed, but the
> modification times stayed (i.e., I just did a chmod).
> I believe that means mirror won't copy?

mirror will not copy files that have an equal or older timestamp on the mirrored host. doing a chmod does not affect the timestamp/modification time.

new files are mirroring properly, just old ones acting up.

> I did a touch */* ... and am hoping that this works.

that should do it. means that everything will be remirrored, but...

> I really need to get these sites up and running. Try
> japan.park.org/Events/BrainOpera/index.html and if
> you see all the icons, then it if fixed. If

that page looks good. perms on town.park.org are still missing read for owner in places though...these may be old files that are no longer on the brainop site.

> graphics/icons/ticketicon.gif doesn't work, we're still
> running the old dates.
>
> BTW, for the other sites, we are still having
> problems. Adelaide doesn't appear to have most of
> the stuff (Events/BrainOpera gives a config. error,
> Events/BrainOpera/performance gives a blank directory).

i'm doing a manual mirror on adelaide now. with 130,000 files to mirror, adelaide dies or times out a lot trying to compare the systems. it will eventually get the files, but takes longer some times.

> Both korea.park.org and seoul.park.org give me "URL
> not found on this server." imperial.park.org gives

arghhh, no one bothered to change the virtual host ip address in the httpd.conf on korea.park.org when they changed the host ip address on monday. i changed it and restarted the server. looks good so far. if i have time to upgrade to apache 1.1.1 on that server, i'll change it to use hostname. 1.0.5 had a problem with hostnames in virtual host definitions for some reason.

seoul would not have the url as it is a separate virtual server.

can you also make sure you have the correct ip address for those servers?

203.234.255.2 for korea and .1 for seoul.

> me a directory listing and, as far as I can tell, we
> haven't done a mirror here for quite a few days.

imperial was last mirrored on jul 14 (at least that is the latest timestamp on a top level file for the brainopera area). i'll force a remirror here as well.

i'm adding a brainopera only package to each of the cp server to mirror the brainopera info more often and separately.

> Amsterdam.park.org is totally down.

and will be for at least another day. bad cpu as well as 3 dead disks.

> What in the world is going on?

central park cannot be administered on 5 hours per week. :(

-brad