Re: NPB power outage
bullet bullet bullet bullet

> 1. I received a message from someone complaining
> 'Register a pavilion' doesn't work. I took a look,
> and found out that the pseudo user fairmaster was
> not in the /etc/aliases file, ending up in the
> "550 user not found". I guess there are whole
> file full of aliases that japan.park.org must
> know of if it's going to act like the park.org.

MX for park.org went to park.org. since japan.park.org was also an A record for park.org, mail went to japan. MX was changed to town.park.org so that when town is not responding, all mail be be queued on backup mx hosts for now.

> Can we review aliases in /etc/aliases to see
> which entry japan.park.org should be aware of?

this is something we need to decide upon... do we want alternate cp servers to handle mail for park.org directly or just let it queue up on backup mx hosts until town is back up. we can always change this behaviour if it looks like town will be unavailable for more than an hour.

> 2. Guestbook stuff. Because /Tools is not present
> on japan.park.org, I'm starting to see document
> unavailable errors in our error log file. We'd
> better fix this as soon as possible.

you should have a (mostly) complete /Tools area at this time.

> Brad, can you set up a news system at town?

pulled down the src, just haven't had a chance to build it yet.

-brad -- Brad Burdick bburdick@radio.com Internet Multicasting Service, NPB, Suite 1155, Washington, DC 20045 Under contract from UUcom, Inc.