Re: Feedbackcarl (fwd)
bullet bullet bullet bullet

On Jan 22, 10:19am, "Carl Malamud [IMS]" wrote: } Subject: Re: Feedbackcarl (fwd) } } > Lessons learned today: Non-trivial cgi scripts contain absolute } > file system paths in them. We should come up with standard way } > of telling these programs where the virtual file system root is. } > e.g. Specify SCRIPT_ROOT as /cp/htdocs/Tools (for japan.park.org) } > or /web/fair/Tools (for park.org) using environment variable, } > and then use $SCRIPT_ROOT/Architext like convention. } > } } Welcome to the Malamud School of Cheap Hacks. We'll point all that } stuff back over into us until we figure out how to do it right. How's } that for a solution? Push later tonite of updated files (I have to go } change ~300 html files :<<).

Welcome to the Lee McLoughlin School of Even Cheaper Hacks.

Why don't we all add a symlink called /park.org to point to the correct area on our respecive servers?

The added bonus is that Brad and co. won't have to remember where we keep the park filestores on all our machines.

--
--
Lee McLoughlin. Phone: +44 171 594 8388 ICParc, Imperial College, Fax: +44 171 594 8449 South Kensington, London. SW7 2BZ. UK. Email: L.McLoughlin@doc.ic.ac.uk