Re: Synchronization of mime-like types among multiple servers
bullet bullet
  • To: "Carl Malamud [IMS]" <carl@radio.com>, cds@radio.com
  • Subject: Re: Synchronization of mime-like types among multiple servers
  • From: Yoichi Shinoda <shinoda@jaist.ac.jp>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jan 1996 16:53:57 JST
  • Cc: Yoichi Shinoda <shinoda@jaist.ac.jp>
bullet bullet

Carl and Chris,

Here are some additional information that might help you to look around the KDD server.

Machine: Sun Sparc Station 20

OS: Solaris 2.4

Storage: 2G Internal, 2G * 4 External. First 2G is used as ordinally fashion.

External drives have single partition, and mounted on /cp, /cp1, /cp2 and /cp3.

If /cp get filled up, we are going to make directories under /cp1, /cp2 and /cp3 and mount them on the appropriate place under the /cp.

Web server: NCSA1.5, with server root at /usr/local/etc/httpd. Document root is /cp.

I've installed the following custom mechanisms so far.

o Switch daily log files on midnight. /usr/local/etc/httpd/log/logswitch called from cron.

o Mime-like type generator. /usr/local/etc/httpd/conf/{mime-types.mst, genmime.pl}

--- shinoda