pinouts for quantum fwd disks
bullet bullet bullet bullet

on the original shipment of disks we received, the pinouts were as follows:

view from back of disk

68-pin conn. option power \||||| ... |||||/ |||||| oooo

the id selector is broken down as:

pin 1 - A0 (least significant) pin 2 - NC pin 3 - A1 pin 4 - NC pin 5 - A2 pin 6 - spinsync pin 7 - A3 (most significant) pin 8 - ledout pin 9 - NC pin 10 - Ground pin 11 - +5V pin 12 - NC

i say this is the layout for the original shipment because the layout of the last 65 disks we received is reversed for the most to least significant bit. i'm not sure yet whether this is due to a change in the quantum id selector or in the rack mount id selector cabling. if you have problems with the above config (ie, the id selected is the mirror of the id the system shows) you might want to try:

pin 1 - A3 (most significant) pin 2 - NC pin 3 - A2 pin 4 - NC pin 5 - A1 pin 6 - spinsync pin 7 - A0 (least significant) pin 8 - ledout pin 9 - NC pin 10 - Ground pin 11 - +5V pin 12 - NC

of course, if you don't have scsi id selector cables you can always use the A0-A3 jumpers on the disk to hardwire the id values...painful to change but it works. :)

-brad -- Brad Burdick bburdick@town.hall.org Internet Multicasting Service, NPB, Suite 1155, Washington, DC 20045 Under contract from UUcom, Inc.