Central Park
bullet bullet
  • To: not-park@park.org
  • Subject: Central Park
  • From: "Carl Malamud [IMS]" <carl@radio.com>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 1995 13:18:26 -0500 (EST)
bullet bullet

It is time to get serious on getting Central Park configured. As agreed, IMS will take the lead on the first phase. Chris Swanson, Brad Burdick, and I will work with each of the sysadmins in the current park configuration:

England Netherlands Japan Korea Australia US

All disk has been shipped at this point, and we need to start getting our software in synch.

We would appreciate an account that we can come in on. We can do a single account as expo96, though it might make life easier in the future if you set up three accounts:

bburdick (Brad Burdick) cds (Chris Swanson) carl (Carl Malamud)

We would *really* appreciate it if we can use skey. If you are comfortable, we'd really appreciate keysu as well so we can su to root using skey. Note that you don't need to give us your real root password (the skey password can be different from the "real" one) and we promise to not make any changes without your full prior knowledge and approval.

Simon and Stuart - We'll need to talk by phone to exchange passwords. Osamu-san - I don't have the name and email of your sysadmin for the park. My apologies, but could you transmit this message to him and give me the information so I can update my list?

We're looking at a Jan. 1 opening. Time to get cracking!

Regards,

Carl