Re: Confidential: 1996 Internet World's Fair
bullet bullet bullet bullet

Neat vision. A few quick comments/suggestions:

It would help to say a little more about what permanent infrastructure might be left behind by the Internet World's Fair. Servers? Information programming? Network links? Organizational liasions?

Alot of people are already being exposed to Internet technology. What constituency will your Fair bring in that isn't already being brought in?

On your point that "We are building a global village, but are doing so in a haphazard fashion without any sense of community" - I think this is true, but you might want to clarify. After all, the Internet is from its origin really about community. I think the point is that the growth mode (not the Internet itself) lacks shared community purpose/planning.

If you are going to say current donation programs are random attempts to move equipment into schools etc., I think you should say more about how you will achieve less randomness. After all, the people doing the school networking programs don't think they are doing it randomly.

You seem to be inconsistent about the cities involved - in one place you say you have commitments for office space etc in Tokyo, San Francisco, Washington, and Amsterdam. Later you say the Internet Railroad is being built between Tokyo, Washington, and London. I realize Internet World's Fair != Internet Railroad, but I think they are related and the initial cities should be the same or else you should explain why they aren't.

Finally, you are a better judge of how to push things, but talking about the government's "currently vague plans" while asking for their endorsement seems touchy to me. - Mike