end of full text patent service
bullet bullet
  • Subject: end of full text patent service
  • From: uid no body <nobody@town.hall.org>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 1995 13:53:25 -0400
  • Apparently-To: webmaster@town.hall.org
bullet bullet

craig@di.com (Craig Prater) sent the following comment about http://www.town.hall.org/govt/tuttle/:
I was horrified to see that the full text patent data base is going to end soon. It didn't sound like there will be an immediate replacement to your service. Is this true?

Also I didn't quite understand why you are shutting down. To force the patent office to comply with the Paperwork Reduction Act? Geez, I hope that's not it. Do you really want to penalize users of your service for the inactivity of the patent office?

Lack of funding? If this is the case, could you charge some fee for the patents and keep going? I would happily contribute or pay for the services provided, especially if you could take credit cards. I wanted to donate earlier, but the procedure looked complicated and time-consuming.

Please find a way to keep the patent data base going until there is a good alternative!

Craig Prater Staff Scientist Digital Instruments

Server protocol: HTTP/1.0
Remote host: bio.di.com
Remote IP address: 204.74.64.101
User Agent: Mozilla/1.1N (Macintosh; I; 68K)