Re: Termination of Internet EDGAR Dissemination Project
bullet bullet bullet bullet

On Wed, 9 Aug 1995, Lane Copley wrote:
> Why? Congressional funding cutoff? I thought the project had three
> years left, and about a zillion stocks to be added. Did Congress kill
> the sucker?

Your thinking of EDGAR itself; i.e. mandated electronic filing. That is here to stay. Town Hall's EDGAR Dissemination Project is not directly funded by the US government -- rather, it has been funded by public (National Science Foundation, New York University) and private grants.

So the electronic filings will keep flowing into the SEC, and Mead Data will keep making zillions of dollars via its exclusive right to dissemimate via paid subscription, and those of us without the bucks will have to walk to the SEC public reference reading room (for me, that's about 800 miles).

WRITE TO YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS! Insist that this data be made available to the public at large... it's OUR information.

(The opinions expressed are my own.) _______________________________________________________________________ Jay Baldwin Reardon-Parshall Co / Detroit Michigan USA We typeset and print stuff, including corporate and financial documents email: jay@reardon.com // compuserve: 74431,2517 // phone: 313-962-0744 Sysop: FPNet EDGAR Electronic Filers Forum on Compuserve (GO FPNET)