EDGAR
bullet bullet bullet bullet

Saw your post to the EDGAR interest mailing list. My guess is it mean's "all of the above." I can only imagine the lobbying (unofficial, of course) that the existing fee-based providers have done over the last two years as the town.hall user figures have surged.

I grabbed a copy of Carl Malmud's letter to Leavitt. If his point about the project only needing $150K of hardware to continue is valid, why don't we see if that can be gathered from 'net based users? 1500 "gifts" of $100 each doesn't seem impossible, especially given the cost of fee-based sources. Granted, upfront hardware is only the first "cost" of maintaining EDGAR's 'net presence, but I like the statement it would make...

{ Peter Holstein | Sometimes you win, sometimes you } { peterh@Mercury.mcs.com | lose, sometimes you get rained out. } { (312) 248-0900 | -- Satchel Paige }