Re: your mail
bullet bullet bullet bullet

Carl,

> We already have a Cisco which does our wide-area link. We're
> looking for a firewall for the hearing room that gives us one
> link out to MFS and two inside for segmentation (i.e., three
> Ethernet connectors).

I've alerted our Federal Operations group in Reston to your request. Richard Bibb will probably be handling it because of his location. He has been unusually busy because of the NSF Rebid project -- he hasn't returned many of my phone calls lately either, so I don't think it's personal (yet :-) ).

Anyway, I will stay on top of this to make sure it happens and will keep you updated.

Also, please keep me updated about my involvement.

If I may... I'd like to suggest a person for your K-12 community.

I met a science teacher at the National Education Computer Conference this past week in Orlando. He was 1 of 4 teachers selected by Scholastic, Inc. (largest K-12 publishing company) for an award to highlight his involvement with computers and networking. He happens to live in your area, he's Internet-literate, and he's one of the main folks involved in getting his school district an Internet connection. Here's his contact information:

Walter Sanford Fairfax County Public Schools 6100 Rolling Road Springfield, VA 22152 Work: 703 451-6403 x251 Home: 703 765-9392 Email: wsanford@mason1.gmu.edu

Let me know if there's anything I can help you with.

Later,

Tracy