Congressional Hearings July 26
bullet bullet bullet bullet

As you may or may not know, Carl Malamud is organizing a dog and pony show for some congressional hearings on the net July 26. One idea he had was to hold a reception that evening for congressional staffers etc. We're going to be a sponsor, as is Sun.

Carl is hoping to get Sun to supply about 40 of their soon-to-be released X terminals (I suppose that's in confidence) and other equipment for demos at the reception.

He thinks it would be neat to have some kind of GNN demo running on the terminals, especially if we could do a special version that focussed on resources of interest to the government. He has ideas of what he thinks those resources might be.

I have no idea of whether you guys are too swamped to respond appropriately, or whether you think that something you've already got in the works would do the trick, but I think that this would be a great PR opportunity, and a neat chance to show off for some very influential people, so if at all possible, we should put some priority to it.

Dale, can you talk to Carl and try to figure out what might make sense? I'd be glad to help out in any way I can. Carl's at Sun right now, so early next week would probably be the time to talk.

-- Tim O'Reilly @ O'Reilly & Associates, Inc. Publishers of Nutshell Handbooks 103 Morris Street, Sebastopol, CA 95472 To reach me: 707-829-3382 To order: 707-829-0515, 800-998-9938, FAX 707-829-0104 Internet: tim@ora.com UUCP: uunet!ora.com!tim