Rolls of young scallion are pickled with boiled anchovy juice without salting beforehand.
Naturally, it chews nice and tastes good. Add slightly more salt to the batch than you do
with other types of kimchi. This way it won't turn sour too soon. Adding
leaf mustard will make an even more tasty
Materials(makes for four) and Precooking
|| choose from the traditional breed which are not too long. Wash clean and drain.
|| boil together with the same amount of water. Remove the solid parts with a fine strainer when boiled.
ground red chili
|| soak in warm water.
garlic and ginger
|| clean and wash. Mince.
- Some of the materials and most of the wares actually needed are not included in the
materials list, assuming they are readily available in any home.
- Metric values are approximated into pounds and inches, as they are not absolutes.
- Lay a layer of the sheaths of young scallion in a spacious container and sprinkle the boiled
anchovy juice. Lay another layer on it and sprinkle the fish juice. Repeat until all the sheaths
are used up. Let sit for 1 hour.
- Seasoning; Mix the soaked ground red chili, minced garlic, ginger, sugar, salt and sesame
- Apply the seasoning to the young scallion and knead well. Grab 2 or 3 sheaths of the
scallion and fold together a few times to bind with one of its own leaflet. Pile the rolls
neatly in a pot and let ferment.
[ Prev |