Re: Please stop the mailbombs ...
bullet bullet
  • To: carl@radio.com (Carl Malamud)
  • Subject: Re: Please stop the mailbombs ...
  • From: lien@cobber.cord.edu (Craig Lien)
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 94 10:57:57 CDT
bullet bullet

> Thanks for looking into it!
>
> > Sorry again. Thanks for turning off the replying, you
> > did didn't you?
> >

> Well, you'll probably be getting some replies back. We're
> flushing what we can, but with 250,000 messages spread over
> 10 different systems, our volume control ain't the greatest.
> Sorry about that, but with 50 simulatneous mailbombs, we're
> kind of hard up to do much more then flush our queues.

Play with the access lists in your router. You won't be able to get mail from the sys admins of the offending systems. But hey, their mailer is going to continue to timeout.

Since I've been looking into this and reading USENET. I see the problem. Sorry something like this is going on. I hope your not looking into any legal action, I think this offender is about 20.

Craig