Ministry of Transport and Communication
- Address: 80 Tran Hung Dao street, Hanoi.
- Tel.: 254070
- Minister: Mr. Bui Danh Luu
- Tel.: 252925
- Vice Minister:
- Mr. Le Kha
- Tel.: 252918
- Mr. Le Ngoc Hoan
- Tel.: 252318
- Mr. La Ngoc Khue
- Tel.: 256761
- Mr. Bui Van Suong
- Tel.: 252381
The Ministry of Communication and Transport is the governmental agency
to perform State management in the field of communication and road,
railway, maritime and air transport throughout the country.
The Ministry of Communication and Transport performs the tasks, powers,
responsibilities of State management of Ministries, ministerial level
defined in Decree No. 15/CP dated March 2nd, 1993 of the Government, and
the following concrete tasks, powers :
- 1. To draw up and submit to the Government planning, general plans on
development of communications and transport throughout the country.
To direct provinces, cities belonged to the Central, specialized
departments to establish the planning, plans on development of
communications and transport of the provinces and concerning industries
according to the planning and general plans on development of
communication, transport network to submit to the Government for approval.
- 2. To direct the specialized departments to establish the draft laws,
policies on management of communication and transport to submit to the
Government to issue or issue within the jurisdiction of the Ministry.
- 3. To issue the national standards, levels of sea ports, river ports,
airports and civil airlines, system of road, railway transport according
to the regulations of the Government; to direct the specialized
departments to promulgate the above - said matters.
- 4. To submit to the Government for approval or to approve basic
construction projects, works , design drawings, implementation methods,
to appraise the communication and transport projects according to the
regulations of the Government on management of basic construction. To
control the specialized departments in the procedure of projects'
approval belonged to the jurisdiction of the specialized departments.
To manage the quality of the national standards on construction of
transport projects throughout the country according to the regulations
of the Government.
- 5. To guide and control the grant, renewal, withdrawal of licenses,
diplomas on construction , exploitation, operation of all organizations,
agencies concerning with transport and protection of road, railway,
maritime and air transport projects, including airports according to the
stipulations of the laws and the regulations of the Government.
- 6. To regulate technical standards applied to means of transport,
equipment and accessories of means of transport produced , imported
complying the technical specifications, financial ability and transport
conditions in Vietnam.
- 7. To supervise , control the implementation of the laws, policies,
regulations of the Ministry on State management applied to communication,
road, railway, maritime and air transport throughout the country.
Departments of ministry:
- - Administrative Office Tel.: 252309-253103
Director of Dept.: Ngo Quang Huan
- - International Relations Department Tel. 253301
Director of Dept.: Pham Van Doanh
- - Planning Department Tel.: 267842
Director of Dept.: Ha Dinh Can
- - Transport - Legal Department Tel.: 266814
Director of Dept.: Duong Hoang Ngan
- - finance Department Tel: 254070 (59)
Director of Dept.: Duy Anh
- - Science - Technology Department Tel.: 257972
Director of Dept.: Nguyen Duy Son
- - Personnel Department Tel.: 266817
Director of Dept.: Pham The Minh
Click this icon to go previous