Ministry of Trade
- Address: 31 Trang Tien street, Hanoi.
- Minister: Mr. Le Van Triet
- Tel.: 257078-255184
- Vice Minister:
- Mr. Ta Ca
- Tel.: 254904
- Mr. Nguyen Xuan Quang
- Tel.: 260211
- Mr. Truong Dinh Tuyen
- Tel.: 260210
- Mr. Mai Van Dau
- Tel.: 260243
- Mdm. Nguyen Thi Kim Hong
- Tel.: 264697
The Ministry of Trade is the government agency to perform the function of
State management regarding trade activities (including export, import,
trading in materials, consumer goods, commercial services) of all economic
sectors throughout the country, as well as commercial activities of foreign
organizations and individuals acting in Vietnam.
The Ministry of Trade performs the tasks, powers and responsibilities in
State management of ministries, ministerial-level agencies defined in
Decree No.15/CP dated march 2nd, 1993 of the Government , and the
following concrete tasks :
- 1. To draw up and submit to the Government for issuing or to issue - within
its legislation - regulations on management of export, import activities :
- - To manage export, import quotas ; to grant or to withdraw the export
import licenses applied to economic organizations according to the
assignment of the Government.
- - To grant import - export licenses to joint venture enterprises with
foreign capital established according to the Investment Law.
- - To perform State management on activities concerning consultation,
brokerage, fair organization, commercial advertisement, goods
introduction, trade promotion inside and outside the country.
- - To co-ordinate with related organizations to approve programs,
projects indirectly concerning commerce.
- - To permit Vietnamese economic organizations to designate
representatives, to establish companies, branches abroad or to join
international economic organizations.
- - To permit foreign economic organizations to open representative
offices or to establish companies, branches in Vietnam.
- - To manage, to direct professionally economic, commercial
representative organizations of Vietnam located abroad.
- 2. To draw up and submit to the Government for issuing or to issue-within
its legislation - regulations managing domestic commercial activities,
commercial services, plans, economic, commercial development policies
applied to mountainous, high-land, minority people's areas.
- 3. To organize and control the implementation of scientific research,
application of scientific technological progresses in commercial
- 4. To organize reception, process, provision of domestic and international
economic , commercial information to serve the direction of the
Government and economic organizations.
- 5. To perform State management on measurement, goods quality activities in
commercial field under the jurisdiction of Ministry of Trade throughout
the national market.
- 6. To guide and to direct local organizations being responsible for State
management on commerce in their specialization.
Departments of ministry:
Click this icon to go previous
- - Administrative Office Tel.: 264550-254950
Director of Dept.: Nguyen Xuan Vinh
- - Dep.of Asian & Pacific Affairs Tel. 262523
Director of Dept.: Nguyen Quy Nghi
- - Dep.of South West Asia, Africa Tel.: 262520
Director of Dept.: Mr. Them
- - Dep.of Investment Management Tel.: 262465
Director of Dept.: Do Hoang Phu
- - Legal Department Tel: 262438
Director of Dept.: Nguyen Minh Chi
- - Planning Department Tel.: 262531
Director of Dept.: The Ky
- - Accounting finance Department Tel.: 255615
Director of Dept.: Nguyen Canh Bao
- - Science - Technology Department Tel.: 255148
Director of Dept.: Vuong Minh Tuong
- - Dep.of Business Affairs Tel.: 255056
Director of Dept.: Nguyen Van Chu
- - Export Import Department Tel.: 253935
Director of Dept.: Hoang Tich Phuc
- - Market Management Department Tel.: 255479
Director of Dept.: Quoc Bao
- - Inspection Board Tel.: 256776
Director of Dept.: Le Xuan Dong
- - Personnel Department Tel.: 262548
Director of Dept.: Do Nhu Dinh
- - Dep.of Europe-America and International Economic
Relations Tel.: 265258
Director of Dept.: Nguyen Dinh Luong