Ministry of Science, Technology and Environment
- Address: 39 Tran Hung Dao street, Hanoi.
- Tel.: 252731-252732
- Minister: Mr. Dang Huu
- Tel.: 263379
- Vice Minister:
- Mr. Le Quy An
- Tel.: 263387
- Mr. Chu Tuan Nha
- Tel.: 269261
The Ministry of Sciences, Technology and Environment is the Governmental
agency to perform the function of State management in the field of
scientific research, technology development, standardization, industrial
property, environment protection throughout the country.
The Ministry of Sciences, Technology and Environment performs the tasks,
powers and responsibilities on State management defined in Decree No.15/CP
of the Government dated March 2nd, 1993, and the following concrete tasks,
1. Concerning scientific research :
- a. To draw up and submit to the Government State pivotal programs,
projects, five year plans, annual plans on scientific research; To guide
and control the implementation of those programs, projects, plans after
their approvals are available.
- b. To promulgate the regulations on management of programs, projects on
- c. To guide different industries, locations and scientific organizations
directions for programs, projects on scientific research.
- d. To conduct the research on management of science, technology,
environment, strategies on science and technology development.
2.Concerning technology development :
- a. To draw up and submit to the Government State pivotal technological
development projects , five year plans, annual plans on technology
- b. To propose to the Government the list of privileged technologies
to develop, to import, to limit or to cease their import.
- c. To draw up and submit to the Government regulations on working
activities concerning technology transfer. To control the implementation
of the above-said regulations throughout the country.
To conduct State supervision on technology applied to important investment
projects according to the regulations of the Government. To guide the
industries, locations in this field, in the appraisal on technology level,
- d. To participate in evaluation, appraisal development planning of the
national industries, locations, feasibility study of important projects.
- e. To draw up and promulgate the regulations on technical management
applied in the national industries, locations, to control the
implementation of the above - said regulations.
3. Concerning environment protection :
- a. To draw up, submit to the Government to issue or issue - in its
jurisdiction - policies, rules, standards on environment protection. To
organize the implementation of the national plans on environment approved
by the Government.
- b. To organize the appraisal on environment protection requirement of
important socio-economic development projects before submitting to the
Government for approval.
- c. To guide the national industries, locations on environment protection
profession. To co-ordinate with other people's associations to organize
and direct the people to protect the environment.
4. Concerning standards, measurement, quality :
- a. To host and co-ordinate with related organizations to establish the
Vietnamese standards, to guide the national industries , locations to
establish the industry's and location's standards.
- b. To establish and develop the measurement system of Vietnam, to manage
the national measurement standards.
- c. To guide the national industries, locations on measurement, quality
test applied for products, materials.
To co-ordinate with the related industries to conduct the training
activities, to improve the knowledge of the cadre and staff on standards,
- d. To organize the registration, grant the license on registration of
commodities' quality, on recognition of commodities' quality complied to
the Vietnamese standards.
5. Concerning Industrial property :
- a. To implement all measures to protect the rights of State, organizations,
individuals in the field of industrial property.
- b. To establish and exploit effectively the data management center on
industrial property. To select ideas, useful solutions, patents to propose
6. Concerning the management of scientific, technological sources :
- a. To perform State management on scientific, technological organizations
belonged to all economic sectors.
- b. To propose to the Government policies, directions to train scientific
cadre, to develop scientific, technological cadre, to use scientific and
technological cadre of all economic sectors effectively, including
To establish the database on scientific and technological cadre throughout
the country. To evaluate, analyze periodically the level of scientific
and technological cadre throughout the country and to propose necessary
policies and solutions. To train and improve the specialty for cadre
working in the field of science, technology and environment management.
- c. To propose to the Government policies, measures to encourage the aid of
all economic sectors, social organizations and individuals for science,
technology and environment.
Departments of ministry:
Click this icon to go previous
- - Administrative Office Tel.:263158
Director of Dept.: Bui Ngoc Hoan
- - International Co-operation Department Tel.:252731(215)
Director of Dept.: Dau Dinh Loi
- - Planning and finance Department Tel.:252731(252)
Director of Dept.: Dinh Hoai
- - Patent & Trade Mark Department Tel.:269262(238)
Director of Dept.: Doan Phuong
- - National Environment Agency (NEA) Tel.:261517
Director of Dept.: Nguyen Ngoc Sinh
- - National Institute for Scientific, Technological
forecast & Strategy Tel.:263379
Director of Dept.: Dang Huu
- - General Department of Standards, Measures,
Weights and Quality Tel.: 267419
Director of Dept.: Nguyen Huu Thien
- - Supervision Board
- - Personnel and scientific cadre Dept.