- 1. To direct the work of the Government, the Government members,
the People's Councils at all levels; to chair Cabinet meetings.
- 2. To propose to the National assembly to set up or disband
ministries and organs of ministerial rank; to present to the
National Assembly or, when the latter is not in session, to its
Standing Committee, for approval, proposals on the appointment,
release from duty, or dismissal of Deputy Prime Ministers,Cabinet
Ministers and other members of the government.
- 3. To appoint, release from duty, or dismiss Vice-Ministers and
officials of equal rank; approve the election, release from duty,
secondment, and dismissal of Chairmen and Deputy Chairmen of
People's Committees of provinces and cities under direct central
- 4. To suspend or annul decisions, directives and circular of
Cabinet Ministers and other Government members, decisions and
directives of People's Councils and Chairmen of People's
Committees of provinces and cities under direct central rule that
contravene the Constitution, the law, and other formal written
documents of superior State organs.
- 5. To suspend the execution of resolutions of People's Councils
of provinces and cities under direct central rule that contravene
the Constitution, the law, and formal written orders of superior
State organs; at the same time to propose to the Standing
Committee of the National Assembly to annul them.
- 6. To make regular reports to the people through the mass media
on major issues to be settled by the Government.
Click this icon to go previous