Re: Permission
bullet bullet bullet bullet

Mr. Malamud, Yes, you have permission to publish the story.

I would ask that you include a copywright mention (c. 1995 Jimmy Patterson) at the beginning of the story and two brief paragraphs at the end of the story that say,

"All rights reserved. No part of this book shall be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without written permission by the author. "Jimmy Patterson is an editor with the Midland (Texas) Reporter-Telegram. For information on how to receive copies of "The Happiest Elf," please e-mail JPatterson@basinlink.com."

I hope that there's no problem with either request. If so, please contact me. If not, will you please e-mail regarding when the story is actually available for people to read.

Thanks again,

Jimmy