DC facilities going off line
bullet bullet bullet bullet

Greetings -

This Saturday, 12/28, the DC facilities for the world's fair will go off line. Name service for park.org is being provided on ns1.park.org (my house) and ns.uucom.com. We will be pointing the IN A address for park.org to amsterdam.park.org.

On 1/1 or shortly thereafter, MCI and KDD will be terminating the DS3 to the US. Routing people need to update their infrastructure in Japan, Korea, and Taiwan to reflect new transit providers. The Bay Networks routers in Mae-East and at the MCI pop will also be disappearing.

Central Park is currently being administered by Rob Blokzijl. Rob's staff is preparing a new index.html "Welcome to Central Park" page and the fair will then appear as a link from that page. Central Park will be primarily a research facility at first. We expect to loose the machines in London and Taipei quite quickly, and Korea and the current Japan machine may also go offline. Dr. Blokzijl's staff is also taking care of making sure mailing lists are properly transferred over to the new park.org.

Amsterdam and a machine in Japan are definite participants in Central Park, as are the Adelaide and German machines as mirror systems. Dr. Blokzijl is working with researchers at various locations to formulate a set of plans for Central Park. Please feel free to contact him and/or myself with any questions.

Thanks to everybody for a very long and very successful year!

Carl