Re: DNS for RailRoad
bullet bullet bullet bullet

> Now that we are getting close to putting some routers on the railroad,
> I think we will need DNS for the railroad. I propose the following:
>
> create a subdomain rr.park.org
>
> create subdomains below that with the name of the city:
> dc.rr.park.org, tokyo.rr.park.org, amsterdam.rr.park.org etc. Then the
> hostnames can be the speficis interfaces of the routers and other
> addressable devices. The reason why I like is the geographic naming is
> that whoever will do a traceroute will get the sense that you are
> actually moving through the world.
>
> Comments?

marten,

can you give me the asn/ip/host names for the routers?

i would like to use {park1,park2,etc}.rr.park.org with a cname for the actual location (dc, tokyo, etc). did you use the asn name for the router host name by any chance? maybe park1-npb to include location?

if you prefer location as primary name, i can cname on the park? name.

-brad -- Brad Burdick bburdick@radio.com Internet Multicasting Service, NPB, Suite 1155, Washington, DC 20045 Under contract from UUcom, Inc.

Follow-Ups: bullet