Re: Good to see you
bullet bullet bullet bullet

John -

The exclusive works as follows. We're running a T3 line in from Tokyo and are confident that we will get another T3 line to Europe. We also have an extensive infrastructure in Asia, Central Europe, and Eastern Europe. In other words, this is one of the first real systematic attempts at putting in a global infrastructure, and it is likely that some (commercial) version of this infrastructure will follow on in 1997 (just like the U.S> commercial carriers developed national backbones after the NFSnet paved the way).

If you can get us T3 connectivity from WTN to MAE-East and give us .5 of a rack inside of MAE-East, you will have solved all of our D.C. problems, hence our willingness to make you the exclusive metro area supplier. If you give us less than T3, we have to keep on looking (no sense in running T3 into WTN and then having only 10 Mbps to the rest of the carriers :).

If you feel that you are competing with other interconnect points such as New York, California, etc..., this is an opportunity to really reinforce MAE-East as *THE* place for global interconnection. That has to be good for your long-term business prospects, and you may even find us delivering you a few customers by the end of 1996.

Hope this helps ....

Carl

According to Hardie, John: