Re: root access on korea.park.org
bullet bullet
  • To: mysoh@nca.or.kr (Myoungsub Oh)
  • Subject: Re: root access on korea.park.org
  • From: "Brad Burdick [UUcom]" <bburdick@media.org>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 10:39:35 -0500 (EST)
  • Cc: not-park@park.org
bullet bullet

> sorry for blocking.
> i will do work if you inform to me of what you will do.
> also, i think that the expo96 acct requiring root privileges should be
> removed on seoul/korea.park.org.
> how about ?

as long as you can guarantee that all files in the /cp/seoul/park web tree are writeable by expo96 and expo96 can rotate the log files for korea.park.org, that's fine.

also, make sure that the mirrors are not run as root. expo96 was not able to perform a mirror because root owned the lock file. if the root mirror dies and the lock file isn't cleaned up, mirroring will stop until root removes the file.

-brad -- Brad Burdick bburdick@media.org Internet Multicasting Service, NPB, Suite 1155, Washington, DC 20045 Under contract from UUcom, Inc.