Re: Park mirror problem
bullet bullet bullet bullet

> Brad and the others.
> We are experiencing mirroring problem.
>
> for example:
>
> original amsterdam.park.org/Netherlands/ has not been mirrored to any other
> central park server.

yes it has. mirror is current as of may 29, which appears to be correct based on the amsterdam site.

> This is just an example. There is a lot of other pages that has not been
> updated.

specific examples, please.

> The mirror is getting the files (just created) but the updated ones.
> Brad, any special reason for that ?

not sure what you are asking above? it is NOT getting updated one?

> The only differences I can see is that the owner of the files are not expo96 !
> That should not matter.

as long as expo96 can read the files, it doesn't matter. there are a few mirror sites that amsterdam pulls in. these areas will need to be writable by expo96.

> Is it possible to reset the mirror to upload the entire /cp/htdocs from
> amsterdam to dc park machine ? that's the only way we can make sure that
> everything has been updated.

that will not fix the current *problem*. town.park.org was configured so that it does NOT delete files that have been deleted from sites that it mirrors. this includes amsterdam. i will turn this off for amsterdam. carl originally just wanted to make sure that we didn't lose the entire mirror because of some simple error on the mirrored site.

> And more, if you can give me some instruction on how that stuff is working,
> how to check it out, how to fix it, I will appriciate it.
>
> I look at the .mirror on the DC park machine. and no error (well, almost)

that's a good place to start. that is the only record of the mirror that is kept on-line.

-brad -- Brad Burdick bburdick@radio.com Internet Multicasting Service, NPB, Suite 1155, Washington, DC 20045 Under contract from UUcom, Inc.