Re: Feedbackcarl (fwd)
bullet bullet bullet bullet

> Welcome to the Malamud School of Cheap Hacks. We'll point all that
> stuff back over into us until we figure out how to do it right. How's
> that for a solution? Push later tonite of updated files (I have to go
> change ~300 html files :<<).

Ack.

--- shinoda

Lessons (that might be) learned (in the future): Accumulation of cheap hacks will cost you a lot.

No, I'm not kidding. We had a problem already with this kind of staff. Some html has cgi-bin that points back to a single non-CP server machine so organizers can examine things like logs and guest books (also provide cheap solution for app like web chat). When the machine went down for 9 hours during power outage, nobody could write into the guestbook...

Follow-Ups: References: bullet