A few reactions/suggestions
bullet bullet bullet bullet

Hi:

I stumbled into the Internet 1996 World Exposition (in the usual way - getting a link from somewhere else after having gotten to that place from an entirely unrelated other place). Although I don't have the time right now to examine everything, I thought you might be interested in a couple of reactions I had. First, I think you need to know that I am not an "amateur". I've been involved with computers since 1965 and I've been on the internet since 1978 (and I have a stack of academic credentials, etc.).

One of the things that struck me about the home page is that it doesn't say why anyone should be interested in looking any further. Specifically, starting off with organizers, etc. isn't a very good way to grab someone's attention. Only because I was curious enough did I find what I think is the first thing folks should see, namely the stuff that is in "A Public Park for the Global Village". I think it would help if you put that information right up front on the home page.

The other thing I noticed in my brief foray is that there is a bit too much technical stuff/jargon for the uninitiated. The place I saw this was in the description of "The Internet Railroad". I know how easy it is to fall into the trap of writing about T3 lines and so on, but I think you need to remember that there a lot of folks who are (and more will be) surfing the net who haven't a clue about how all this works. Don't misunderstand me - the writing is very good, clean and to the point. But you need to soften the techie stuff a bit or offer a bit more background for the casual visitor.

Best of luck on the project.

Dave Gomberg

Follow-Ups: bullet