An American Illustrator in Cyberspace
bullet bullet bullet bullet

Hello!

I read about your project at the Mercury Center's site and wanted to introduce myself and my illustrations. I recently made my North American debut in American Showcase 18 and the Showcase CD-ROM. I'm a graduate of UC Santa Barbara, where I majored in Political Science and Spanish and later worked as a designer in the university's publications department. Since that time, I have gone on to open up my own illustration studio, with a style that has been described as "bold and brazen." With clients as diverse as Bank of Hawaii and Literary Works in New York, I'm interested in both assignment work and licensable characters, of which I've got quite a few just waiting to be unleashed on the unsuspecting public. I'm focussing especially on clients who can keep up with my frenzied rate of production, though I'm not averse to working with less driven individuals, too.

Please let me know if you'd like a copy of my digital demo, *The Ultimate Bad Katz Picture Show*, a 1200k self-running presentation I can either email or snailmail to you in Mac (also available at http://166.84.248.158/LouisKatz.html) or Windows format.

Thanks for your consideration!

Sincere regards, Louis Katz

\\\\\\\\\\\\\ T H E U L T I M A T E B A D K A T Z R E S U M E

OBJECTIVE Illustration/design/production opportunities with your company to help boost sales and obliterate the competition.

EXPERIENCE Owner, Bad Katz Graphics, 1990-present. Develop corporate identities and design printed and video materials for local businesses. Clients include Honolulu magazine, Bank of Hawaii, Hawaii Prince Hotels, Little Caesar of Hawaii, Andy Engel Design (MCA, Capitol), The Mednick Group (TV Guide, Sega), White + Image Design (Disney), Lennon and Associates, National Multiple Sclerosis Society, American Diabetes Association.

Art Director, Santa Barbara Independent, 1993. Design/layout weekly newspaper, create original illustrations, assign photography, supervise production staff and interns. Collaborate with editors to produce 80-100 page publication under tight deadlines.

Design Associate, UCSB Publications, 1990-1993. Design/layout 93106, the UCSB faculty/staff newspaper, along with university-related newsletters, flyers, posters, invitations, and logos; coordinate projects from inception to completion, working with editors, photographers, illustrators, and printers; provide computer technical support for Macintosh and PC users throughout division of Institutional Advancement and other UCSB departments.

Instructor, UCSB Extension, 1991-1993. Teach Macintosh Basics to groups of up to 25 people, providing instruction in use of the Finder, Microsoft Word, HyperCard, PageMaker, Freehand, Illustrator, and a variety of other programs; lab assistant, Basic Typography.

Administrative Assistant, UCSB Upward Bound, 1989-90. Assistant to director of federally-funded program to prepare low-income high school students for college. Detail-oriented position requiring ability to attend to numerous tasks at the same time, ranging from budget reporting to personnel recruitment, along with making travel arrangements, event bookings, parent, student, and school contacts; design of low-budget promotional flyers.

EDUCATION Bachelor of Arts with Honors, Political Science and Spanish, University of California, Santa Barbara, June 1987.

COMPUTERS Accomplished user of PageMaker, QuarkXPress, Freehand, Illustrator, Photoshop, and many other software programs; fluent in use of Macintosh and NeXT. Working knowledge of Windows, DOS, and IRIX.

ACTIVITIES Self-taught harmonica player, fiction and poetry writer, event organizer.

REFERENCES Furnished upon request.

Bad Katz Graphics 808/943-2767 800/MEOW NOW (636-9669)

For a sneak preview: http://sunsite.unc.edu/otis/pers/Katz_L.html http://www.surgery.pixi.com/body/doctors/csh/welcome.html

And coming soon: The Bad Katz Graphics Tangled Web of Terror!