Re: Participation in the Fair
bullet bullet bullet bullet

Hi Carl,

At this moment, the City Hall of Barcelona and my University, the Politechnical University of Catalonia, are engaging in an agreement to develop a serie of projects related with the global information society. As you know our major, Pasqual Maragall is on the EU's Bangemann Commission and he has an special interest in this area.

We are talking about a Global Information Cities Pavilion. I guess this could be an significative contribution our olimpic city could make to your Exposition. That will be a pavilion like the GlobalSchool House, but dedicated to the civic life in a global information society. As far as we know this is the first pavilion of this kind. Besides we have a place called Forum de la Tecnologia, Technology Forum, a civic auditorium to make this real place to show Internet to the citizens of Barcelona.

I guess we need to be in your Central Park?. Which broadband we need and which type of machine?. A 200 gigabit space and 10 megabits network will be enough?. How much it cost?.

Regards,

Artur Serra Chair of the Catalan Chapter of ISOC.