How to help?
bullet bullet bullet bullet

Carl:

I saw your letters on discontinuation of Edgar access.

We had talked about Edgar more than a year ago while I was working as a business reporter at the San Jose Mercury News. I wrote about SEC matters for the paper. Since then, I've left the Mercury to pursue an MBA. Both as a reporter and an MBA I've been a frequent user of SEC filings.

At the Business School, we even added a link from our home page to your Edgar page to simplify access for students and faculty.

I'd be glad to volunteer for duty in drumming up support for continuation. I've maintained many of my journalism ties. One possibility might be to post info about this situation to some of the more exclusive and influential newsgroups for journalists. The Society of Professional Journalists and IRE (Investigative Reporters and Editors) maintain large, active lists.

My principal question is what do you want Brown, Levitt, et al., to *do* in order to save the service? Are there any specific proposals pending?

Please advise.

Ron Wolf Haas School of Business University of California Berkeley

Follow-Ups: bullet