Internet access to EDGAR/Patents
bullet bullet
  • Subject: Internet access to EDGAR/Patents
  • From: uid no body <nobody@town.hall.org>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 1995 20:13:34 -0400
  • Apparently-To: webmaster@town.hall.org
bullet bullet

shamal@delphi.com (Martin C. von Tersch) sent the following comment about :
Frankly I'm stunned to learn that the EDGAR project and access to the Patent database are soon to end.

I have used both of these tools extensively in graduate courses at the Harvard Extension School in Cambridge, MA and took it for granted that this type of access to public information was simply to be expected in a properly functioning modern democracy.

In the case of the SEC and the EDGAR project, the SEC stands for nothing if not for the widest possible dissemination of public information (read ine

Server protocol: HTTP/1.0
Remote host: www-c5.proxy.aol.com
Remote IP address: 152.163.192.70
User Agent: aolbrowser/1.0 InterCon-Web-Library/1.1 (Macintosh; 68K) via proxy gateway CERN-HTTPD/3.0 libwww/2.17