Shrimp Ggakduki is made of boil-softened radish and is better-suited for older
people whose teeth are not strong. Radishes are boiled slightly, because too much boiling will
crush them. Add some fresh radish to it and you have a fresh flavor.
Materials(makes for four) and Precooking
|| choose solid and juicy ones. Peel a little and wash to cut into cubes.
dropwort, young scallion
|| clean and wash. Cut into 3cm (1 1/5 inch) pieces.
|| gather up the solid part and mince.
garlic and ginger
|| clean and wash. Mince.
- Some of the materials and most of the wares actually needed are not included in the
materials list, assuming they are readily available in any home.
- Metric values are approximated into pounds and inches, as they are not absolutes.
- Scald the radish cubes in boiling water and rinse in cold water. Do not soak in boiling
water too long.
- Add ground red chili and mix. Knead in dropwort, young scallion, shrimp juice, minced
garlic and ginger. Flavor with sugar and salt.
- Put in a pot, pressing hard. Cover with green cabbage leaves and let ferment.
[ Prev |